Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best foundation make up for oily skin?

I have really oily skin which is acne prone. I do use ProActiv. I currently wear bare minerals, but it makes me look cakey and super oily. Colorstay has good coverage but breaks me out. Does anyone know what foundation and powder will be good to use?What is the best foundation make up for oily skin?
I have super oily skin too. I use ';Workout Makeup'; foundation by Clinique. And when it gets really bad, like in the summer, my favorite secret trick is to apply solid deodorant to my face.





You'd think it would break out my face because it clogs pores, but it doesn't. Actually it seems to prevent pimples. But you'd have to test it yourself. I use Secret Solid in Powder Fresh scent (not the Invisible Solid because that irritates my armpits, so I see no reason why it wouldn't irritate my face).





I discovered deodorant on my face because I noticed that many oil control skin care products have clay in them, and if I'm not mistaken, aluminum zirconium is another way of saying ';clay'; except it's a manmade clay because of the other things it's bonded with.





I apply it underneath my foundation and the oil and shine control lasts all day, even overnight. Even workout foundation isn't enough shine and oil control for me. Some people just need more I guess.





I also wash my face twice a day with Lancome Gel Pure Focus ($24!!!) it's the only cleanser that makes a dent in the oil. Watch out, it will be very very drying for someone who has only minorly oily skin.





I use super fine baby powder instead of powder for my face because it simply has more talc / cornstarch in it. Of course, my skin is very fair, so it looks OK. Your mileage will vary.





Those are the ';big guns'; I use, so you may be able to take care of the problem with less harsh products. Good luck!


What is the best foundation make up for oily skin?
I also use ProActiv and they have a product called Daily Oil control and moisturizer called the Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15. It works really well and my face doesn't get oily during the days. I use MAC's Studio Fix and it has really good coverage. It comes it a lot of shades and doesn't make me break out or look cakey. But you can always use oil blotting sheets if you get oil during the day.
I have the same problem and I use to use proactive and I am also currently using bare minerals and it also leaves my skin looking cakey and oily. I bought skin id and my skin is not as oily anymore. You should replace proactive with skin id. I works great on me and if you enter the code neutrogena10 you get $10 off your purchase.
i don't know what your budget is but neutrogena has a make-up line so that may work, or if you are willing to spend a bit extra go to the estee lauder counter at your local department store i.e. macy's, dillards and they have a line for oily skin as well. since you have sensitive skin try to look for products that are for sensitive skin and are hypoallergenic.
I loved Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I had to stop using Proactive on my oily skin because it was causing my skin to become ashy.





Now I use the tips that I posted on my buzz blog to take care of my oily skin.


http://buzz.prevention.com/community/sin鈥?/a>






use a azn rice powder to take off the oil and then use a foundation primer the you can use your bear minerals and that should help
Don't use it. Unless you REALLY need to. If your skin is very oily and prone to breaking out then most cover ups will do this to your skin.
Try Perfectly Real foundation from Clinique its $20 but it lasts forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment