Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best brand of really good foundation make-up?

I usually just use Cover Girl or Maybelline, but I want a really good foundation and liquid cover-up for my face. I want cover-up that makes my skin look smooth and covers up blemishes really well as well as lasts all day so I do not have to re apply. I have heard Mac make-up is really good, but is it worth the price?What is the best brand of really good foundation make-up?
Hi Sparkle! Ask 20 women what their favorite foundation is and you'll probably get 15 different answers. It's SO subjective and not only depends on affordability (Covergirl @ $5.39 on drugstore.com to La Prairie foundation available at Neiman's for $165) but it also depends on skin type, the type of coverage desired and what kind of formulation is needed. Do you need a cream, a mineral powder, a fluid? Do you need a foundation that contains a sunscreen or do you use one prior to applying you foundation?





The first things you need to decide are:


What type of coverage do you need: sheer to med, med to full?


What type of formulation do you need: oil-free? extra hydrating?


Do you need a formula that contains a sunscreen?


What is your price range? What are you willing to spend?





Once you decide those parameters go out and try different foundations. Ask sales reps at the counters for samples in your color. Be sure to take small empty sample jars with you in case you get the odd ';we don't have samples of this'; - then there's no excuse NOT to pump out a little sample for you in your own container. This has saved me from purchasing a GREAT MANY mistakes! Make sure to wear your sample for a day or two. What goes on in the morning doesn't necessarily look great by 5 o'clock. Samples also give you enough to play with application - fingers? foundation brush? a sponge?





Finally, notice others skin and don't be afraid to ask what foundation someone is wearing. I've found many products this way. Some of my die hard favorites, in fact but, only after trying them out myself first.





Remember that your skin the canvas for the color that is going on from the neck up. If it's a choice between a foundation that's a little pricier and an extra eye shadow, drop the shadow and go with the foundation. Having beautiful glowing skin with properly matched foundation can be just what you need to make all the color products that you already have stand out just a bit more.





If you'd like to either edit with more info on your skin and foundation needs or send via email, I'll be glad to help you narrow down some options.





For someone with mature skin, I'd recommend Armani Designer Shaping Creme. It's hydrating, luminous, flawless and absolutely gorgeous!





Something for just about every skin type, but a little less costly, I'd recommend Jane Iredale. It's a mineral product that comes in a powder, compact or a liquid. It has antibacterial, anti inflammatory properties so it's great for everything from the occasional breakout or if you've just had a chemical peel. It is also a beautiful finish for the skin and less $$ than Armani though not as hydrating.





Hope you found this helpful,





LRWhat is the best brand of really good foundation make-up?
MAc%26lt;~~~def. worth it!!
mac is good, but some of their foundations, break people out, so maybe go into mac, have them find your color, and take a sample and see if it works for you.


i also would recommend dior, their stuff may seem really expensive but its a good investment. =)
I love Loreal True Match foundation.
personally i think foundation is one area worth splurging on


my new favourite thing is this foundation called Perfekt (you can get it at sephora), absolutely amazing stuff that will replace concealer, primer, powder, and foundation. it's pricey but makes you look flawless
Revlon Colorstay-by a professional make-up artist.
BareMinerals
The absolute best product that I've found is Mineral Foundation. I know you said you wanted liquid and that's what I used to use. Now I'm addicted to Mineral Foundation and I'll never go back to liquid. It goes on much more smoothly and truly makes your skin flawless. Give it shot - you might love it!
Yes, MAC is really good I've tried it. :) I also like Stila, though if you're a first buyer, it'll cost you around 47 bucks because of the refill and the empty compact. I'm using Stila right now, I'm almost finished with it though and I love it :)





Foundation is one of those cosmetics that are okay to buy an expensive one because it covers most of your face, and you can get allergies if you get cheap ones:)
I am getting supernatural by philsophy foundation. It is flawless. and will leave your skin silky smooth. It has an easy to apply aplicater conected to the bottle so you dont even have to use a brush! Also they have a great airbrushed concelear if you want to try that go to QVC.com and look under philosophy.
mac is good but the best i've come accross is Lancome. you can find the tight formulation for your skin type and it makes your skin look like ur a hollywood actress. It worked for me so i think you should try it!
mac is worth the price. beautiful skin is always worth the price. mary kay has a great foundation also.
I AGREE WITH DE FIRST GIRL
I have MAC and it does the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment