Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do I choose make-up foundation at the drugstore?

I am looking to buy foundation but am finding that it's hard to tell what shade would look good on me. I apply a little on my hand, but my hand is darker than my face so I'm not sure if that's a good method. I'm not that good at this.





Want to avoid the department stores as I don't want to spend a ton of money and they aren't always responsible to individuals with skin issues.





I am looking to buy Neutrogena and tend to get some minor brake-outs if I wear make-up for too long (hence my choice of N.).








Thanks.How do I choose make-up foundation at the drugstore?
pick a store that takes make up back as a return item. It is almost impossible to pick that stuff out right at the store. It's under those unpleasant flourescent lights and when you get it home and try it there you look like a frickin' clown the color is so off.How do I choose make-up foundation at the drugstore?
Foundation: choosing the right shade of foundation is hard on your own, so go to a cosmetics counter and seek professional advice. They will let you try out a range of colours and advise on which suits your skin tone best. One thing to bear in mind is that if you have only light freckles, there is no point in trying to cover them up with a darker shade - it will not work! It is better to stick to a sheer foundation. If they are very dark and you want to cover them up a little, a cream foundation will balance your skin tones.


Applying Foundation Correctly


To apply foundation, firstly dot some on your forehead, nose, chin and cheeks. Using a small cosmetic sponge dampened with a little water, blend in to your face, paying particular attention to your hairline and jawline, as these are the areas where it is easy to spot foundation that has not been blended properly. You also want to avoid the orange face, white neck effect, so make sure it is blended into your skin evenly.


After this, gently press the tips of your fingers over your face - the heat will help the blending process. Finally, check your application in natural lighting, as this will show up any problem areas best.


Setting Foudation


You might like to try patting a little face powder over it to help it set.
Well, I just usually try to compare it to my skin tone in the mirrors at the store, or put a little on my cheek if the packaging allows. There's really not much else you can do better unless you bring someone with you to help and give their opinion.
Match your neck, so the makeup on your face will blend into it and look much more natural. The color of your wrist, hand does not always match your face, especially the inside of your wrist. Even your neck isn't always the same shade as your face.





Try the new line called TruBlend (or Tru something). I hear it's great.





G
The best place to try it is the back of your forearm as the skin is the same kind of colour (normally) as your face. I have problem skin too and I've found the best thing to do when you absolutely have to wear foundation, is to blend it with your regular moisturiser so that it's not a total shock to your skin when you apply it. When the moisturiser soaks in, it kind of helps the foundation settle. If you know Neutrogena works for you then stick with it as a change could make things worse.


You could try going for a free make up analysis at a department store then go away with the free samples and recommendations o use elsewhere!
Try a small amount of foundation on your jawline while choosing the shade, it's what I do
  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment