Saturday, December 26, 2009

Powder foundation on top of liquid foundation... is the powder supposed to be darker/lighter/same color?

My liquid foundation matches my skin perfectly, but i sort of bought a slightly darker powder foundation to put on top of my face to set the liquid...


(actually, i bought the powder first, then the liquid. and the liquid matched my skin better... the only thing is, i get really oily, eck...) so, yeah. im thinking about putting the powder on top...





but like i said, the powder is slightly darker, so...


would my skin look gross; as in like, with different colors? or would it make my face extremely dark if i put the slightly darker powder on top of the liquid?





any tips?


also, any good inexpensive primers? ive heard of the Monistat Chafing Relief Power Gel one, but would it make my face break out? My skin is oily and very acne-prone, and i use cetaphil to treat it (it works better than most)... so, would Monistat make me break out?


If not, where could I find it?








thanks...Powder foundation on top of liquid foundation... is the powder supposed to be darker/lighter/same color?
It depends on how much darker the powder is than your skin and your foundation. It more than likely will look a little off, but you can hang onto that powder for the summer when you're a little more tan. Next time you could buy a translucent powder because you won't have to worry about matching it to your foundation.


As far as the Monistat for a primer, I wouldn't really use that. It's definitely not made for your face. Revlon has a couple foundation primers you can try if you're looking for something inexpensive. Good luck!Powder foundation on top of liquid foundation... is the powder supposed to be darker/lighter/same color?
yeah. if you have oily skin, the powder will sort of rub off in different places, causing your skin to look blotchy and poorly made-up.


they sell these oil-blotting sheets that dont smudge your make-up, but completely remove your oil. you can find them at wallgreens, or any drugstore. theyre by clean%26amp;clear.


hope this helped =]

No comments:

Post a Comment