Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New to foundation make up. suggestions please?

i am getting married at the end of june in the afternoon and want to wear foundation for the pictures. i don't normally wear it and have no idea what would work. i want something that is matte, and light as i don't want to sweat it all off. my skin is normal to lightly oily. should i use a foundation or a powder? any suggestions on what type? help please!New to foundation make up. suggestions please?
powder if your skin has no spots(zits) and use loreal paris. make sure u use the color matching thing on the stand. put it to your wrist.New to foundation make up. suggestions please?
Go to the cosmetics counter for a makeover and free advise %26amp; samples. I know Macy's %26amp; Bloomies but even Ulta3 store do them and it is awesome!!! They'll help you in every aspect. Hopefully you only get married once............go for it! Oh yeah, Congratulations, too!
go to walmart and go into the cosmetics section.





there's foundation for all available skin colors. which are sweat proof.





it's around $8-10 i think.......(b/c it's really good!!)
Splurge and go to the perscriptives counter at a department store they will match your skin tone with the type of foundation your after that looks totally natural. They'll also mix up samples for you to take so you can then see yourself outside which is the true test!
I wear foundation and the brand I use is CoverGirl TruBlend. It doesn't cake and is not greasy, but goes on light and smooth. It also matches to your skin tone very well. But not every person is the same, so I would try a couple different brands to see what works for you.
try freshcomplextion coverup and wet n wild blush
I love Bare Minerals powder make up. It covers well, has a lovely matte finish, and stays on, even through a 12 hour day in the restaurant! I have slightly oily, but clear skin. if you need heavier coverage, I would go for a cream pan cake with a powder finish. Got to have the powder to keep down the shiny nose and forehead!
Bare Minerals is great! I've used everything under the sun as far as foundation...even MAC, which is nice...but Bare Minerals in my opinion is even better... I bought mine at Sephora. And if you have a Sephora store near you, I would go in and ask - because the people who work there are trained make up artists, and ask what they suggest... not all people have that store in their city...


But you can go to a make up counter at any department store and try different types of make up and find one you like best... I suggest Bare Minerals.
I personally use a powder. Not many powders work but the one I choose works like magic. It is BareEssentials. A BareEssentials representative will match your skin tone. It works great!
Especially since you said you don't normally use foundation, I'd suggest a tinted moisturizer like Stila's -- http://www.stilacosmetics.com/shop/produ鈥?/a>





I have fair skin, occasional breakouts, and a slightly oily t-zone and the tinted moisturizer evens out my skin perfectly without feeling like there's anything on (or anything to sweat off!) I also sometimes use an all over face lustre like the ones from Fresh (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a> which mattes out any possible oil and also gives that ';dewy glow'; type finish because of the slight shimmer in the powder.


Even with both layers, I never feel ';made up'; and I just use some natural color eyeshadows, mascara, and lip gloss to finish it off.
oh man... i have used sooooooooooo many foundations in my life... wow... the best ive found and continue to use is LORAC... the texture is very soft, its like a powder but not really... its oil free, i would kno bc my skin is oily, and its very light but gives u the perfect sheer coverage... go to ur nearest sephora and find ur perfect color...ur gonna loveeee it... actually u can return products at sephora if ur not happy... y not try it...its a bit pricey but def worth ittt....i do makeup for clients alll the time and i love this product oh and if its for ur wedding, u might want to wear concealer also... dont wear a heavy foundation bc it will become oily and u will feel uncomfortable during the event
Use a wet/dry finish foundation and powder in one offers three application choices. Sponge on dry for a natural look. Sponge on damp for maximum coverage. Use throughout the day as a powder. For oily and combination skin. Oil-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment