Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Help me find make-up foundation that works good for very dry skin.?

I've tried everything from the make-ups you buy at walmart, to clinque and mary kay. NOTHING WORKS!!! My make-up always looks flakey or it just doesn't look good because you can tell I have really dry skin underneath. I put on mary kay's Velocity mosturizer every morning and night. Please help me find something that will make my make-up look ten times better.Help me find make-up foundation that works good for very dry skin.?
Hi. I had the same problem. Now, I use Olay's cream. It is very heavy. Here's the trick, I apply it while my face is slightly wet. It helps draw that moisture in. Then, when the moisturizer has had a chance to sink in, you have to try Loreal's Bare Essentials face powder. It is supposed to be a less costly version of ';bare minerals.'; It costs $12 and comes with the big Kabuki brush. You dip it into the minerals, and brush it onto your face. I bought it a week ago and it gives me such a flawless, porcelain like coverage. I too spent tons of money on different face powders, but this one worked well for me. Also too, with your face being flaky, could be a serious sign of dehydration, or excessive coffee drinking. A lot of people don't realize this, but coffee drinking dries out your skin. The area under your nose, and around your mouth becomes dry and flaky and really shows once you put on your makeup. I would try and drink 10-12 glasses of water daily, and less coffee, soda and other caffeinated beverages as well. I think this might help. And, at night, the best moisturizer after washing your face and leaving it slightly wet, is Aquaphor. Coat it on really heavy, on your face and neck, and when you wake up in the morning your face will be soooo smooth.Help me find make-up foundation that works good for very dry skin.?
try using a moisturizer that is stripped down to it's bare necessities in terms of chemicals and parabans. use Nutriderm to moisturize before you use any foundation. all those avon / mary kay / clinique stuff has a lot of additives and preservatives which are bad for your skin and may not necessarily moisturize as well as they claim.
matte mousse by maybeline
What kind of Mary Kay foundation did you use? I use the cream to powder because it works best for me. I also clean my face and moisturize before I apply the foundation. I also use concealer around my eyes. Then I apply loose powder to set the foundation. Good luck, hope you find the right kind.
Sometimes foundation flakes because your skin is not properly moisturized underneath. Try the Mary Kay 3-in-1 Cleanser for normal/dry skin and the Moisturizer. If you have intense dryness, try our Intense Moisturizing Cream or Enriched Moisturizer 1. Once your skin is smooth, try our foundations. These are my favorite because you can't even tell you're wearing anything! I'm a beauty consultant, so don't hesitate to ask questions! www.marykay.com/adina_k
yes!matte mousse is amazing.i love it!i have matte mousse foundation,blush and eyeshadows.its good stuff.
Try moisturizer and mascara and lipstick. Do without the rest of the makeup. There are some nice tinted moisturizers, but don't use make up if your body says stop. Most women are more beautiful without makeup!
try those bare mineral cosmetics, I think you'll like how they make your skin feel.
Ok well it seems that you have a very dry skin.Try using foundations which are oil based rather then water based.They will make your skin shiny.I use Bobbi Brown foundation.They are quite good.Don't use off shelf items,use boutique items which is branded.Try it first before buying.
Try a new moisturizer and cleanser. Cetaphil cleanser and Neutrogena moisturizer works well for my dry skin.
Day Radiance庐 Cream Foundation is a cream to powder foundation that is not listed in the catalogs but available from a mary kay rep for very dry skin. This is NOT regular cream to powder and its really wonderful for my dry flaky eczema prone skin. Remember this is guaranteed so if you don't love it you can return it 100 percent guaranteed! Not all consultants will carry this or be willing to order it because it is an optional product. But if you get the opportunity try it!
I think it sounds more like what you are using to wash your face and the lotion. Do use a good scrub?





I would suggest arbonne. there is a 45 day return policy.





You can get it here (have to sign up as client to actually purchase, it's free to sign up) : http://www.gleamingskin.myabronne.com





I can send you out samples if you would like





-Angela
First use cool water to cleanse your skin each night. And then switch makeups to a mineral makeup rather than liquid.


Here are some links to get it:





http://www.mineralogie.biz/





http://www.monave.com/index.php





http://www.skinenergizer.com/makeup/





All are wonderful for every skin type.


Good luck
It depends on what kind you use as while no matter who makes it some people need a cream or some need liquid i had this isuess with the liquid kind i had to change to a cream to powedr type and i sale mary kay and even their liquid did that i now use the cream to powder or the daily radiance depending on the time of year and my skin care needs
Why don't you you try a tinted moisturizer instead you might find it does 2 jobs in one.
well I use dream matte mousse by maybelline and I have dry skin too and it works really well also you should put on a dry skin face cream before you put on your makeup and you should use a sponge to apply you foundation and wet the sponge with a little water and ring it out and it makes the foundation go on smoother and better!
foundation isn;t food for your face. It's clogs up your pores!! Jst tick with your moisturizer.


You should drink a lot of water so your face won;t be so hehydrated. And plus when you were foundation ..people can tell.I;ts not pretty. looks fake and double layered clay .Natural is good.
i have eczema. i can only ut on make-up if i put on aveeno cream. it really helps my dry skin. try it. in about a week or two your skin will feel alot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment